A KPTZ show proposal requires the following three components:
- Submit a program demo preferably as a digital WAV or MP3 file, via email. A CD or USB Flashdrive may also be submitted. Samples do not need to be longer than 15 minutes.
- Produce your demo with the best equipment you can. Audacity is a free digital audio editing program available on the web. In the future KPTZ will have training sessions, editing and coaching to help you mold your work into broadcast-ready material.
- For live DJ work, submit recordings that are captured as “live” as possible and are not highly edited. The same applies for in-studio interviews. News and documentary will of course be edited.
- Please include our station ID in your demo, “You’re listening to KPTZ 91.9 FM, Port Townsend. I’m your host …”
- Please include a list of tracks with your demo, including artist name, song title & album.
- Please explain the show’s mission. Do you have a title in mind? When considering a show, please take a look at KPTZ’s current programming. We are particularly interested in fresh concepts that are not already included in our schedule of programming.
- Be as detailed as possible. Explain your show’s content and provide a sample playlist of music/artists (20 minimum), the subject areas for discussion, news to be covered, or topics to be explored. Do you have access to enough material?
- Describe how your show will be relevant to the KPTZ community.
- Let us know if you envision this as a weekly, monthly, or occasional show. Will you be available for at least the next 12 months?
- Please fill out KPTZ’s online Volunteer Application in order to provide your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, and email address. In addition, please include the names of other people involved in the show, and ask them also to fill out KPTZ’s Volunteer Application.
- Describe your background and any prior media experience (TV, radio or print) listing when and where you worked. Please let us know if you, or any other members of your team are under 21 years of age.
Email your show demo and proposal and any questions to: email@example.com.
Address the email to: Ruby Fitch, Programming Lead, with “Show Proposal” in the subject line.
Or mail your demo CD/Flashdrive and proposal to:
Ruby Fitch, Programming Lead
KPTZ Radio Port Townsend
PO Box 2091
Port Townsend, WA 98368
Note: As KPTZ is a volunteer-run organization, all station DJ hosts of regular programming are required to contribute meaningful volunteer work, in addition to the considerable ongoing creative work of programming and producing the show itself. This commitment is to help KPTZ in a supportive manner, and the assignment is to be made in agreement with station management.